Monday, April 7, 2014

Traveling as much as I do for baseball gives me the grand opportunity of eating at any and every fast food place in existence. I will admit that I probably consume more fast food than I should but how can you turn down some chicken nuggets after a long day on the field?? This brings me to the irony of these same fast food places... they have some of the slowest service in the nation! Places like McDonald's and Taco Bell were created because of the appeal they had to people knowing that their meal could r=be received quickly. The don't call it fast food for nothing right? Now-a-days you can drive up to any McDonald's and see that they have two lanes in the drive thru. I don't know who made that brilliant decision because all it does is slow down an already slow service. I can see that it allows more cars to pass through and thus increases the amount of money being made but I don't want to sit in line for 30 minutes waiting for my food. Some teammates and I walked to a Taco Bell that was near our hotel this past weekend and came to find it completely empty. We figured that we would be in and out of there in 20 minutes; WRONG! It took Taco Bell 20 minutes alone to come up with our orders...! You can't keep a handful of hungry ball players waiting on their extremely unhealthy food when they have been craving it all day. (We tend to get a little cranky when we're hungry) Fast food places need to take a page out of the Jimmy Johns handbook and start taking it up a notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment